20/02/2021 0 Comments
The Hotsy pump: how it works and why it’s the best in the industry | Hotsy Water Blast
At the heart of every Hotsy pressure washer is an industrial-strength pump. Here’s an in-depth look at this key component.
How does a pressure washer pump work?
A pressure washer pump uses an engine-driven piston and cylinder assembly to produce a high-pressure water stream. There are three types of pressure washer pumps: wobble plate pumps, swash plate (or axial cam) pumps, and triplex plunger pumps.
Triplex pumps have three pistons. They’re able to deliver the most water pressure and can operate for thousands of hours without the need for maintenance. The Most Hotsy’s pump is a have triplex pumps.
What makes the Hotsy pump so exceptional?
Hotsy began manufacturing pumps in 1984. Over the years, however, our engineers have introduced countless improvements to make it more efficient and durable.Today, the Hotsy pump includes the following high-quality parts and components:
- Externally accessible check valves
- Two inlet and discharge ports to facilitate system installation
- Crankcase made of anodized aluminum
- Polished ceramic plungers that reduce seal wear
- Oversized crankshaft and connecting rods
- Heavy-duty roller bearings
- Self-lubricating seals
- NES Technology, which increases seal life (more about this below)
In addition, Hotsy backs their pump with a seven-year warranty.
What is NESTechnology?
The seals in most pressure washer pumps are highly susceptible to wear, as they’re subject to intense pressure and high temperatures. Hotsy pumps have three times the seal life compared to similar pumps in the industry thanks to their trademarked NES Technology.
NES Technology refers to a nesting assembly made up of high- and low-pressure U-shaped seals surrounded by thicker brass pressure rings. It includes the following features:
- Teflon bronze rings that support the U-seal and prevent premature wear as well as pressure loss.
- A double lip on the low-pressure U-seal that provides greater suction and reduces the risk of water leakage.
- Increased wall thickness, which prevents cracking in the brass pressure rings and provides a solid foundation for the seals.
- The nesting assembly is stronger and holds up better to spikes in water pressure, which occur every time the gun is triggered.
In addition, the seals are rated for temperatures up to 85°C (185°F) and the nesting assembly is designed to sustain spikes in water temperature.
All new Hotsy pressure washers have pumps with NESTechnology. Moreover, older Hotsy pressure washers can be retrofitted with this technology.If you require a replacement pressure water pump for your Hotsy, choose a modern pump with NESTechnology for improved performance.
Hotsy pressure washers and power washer parts in Western Canada
If you’re shopping for a top-quality, industrial-grade pressure washer or need a new pump for your current pressure washer, turn to Hotsy Water Blast. Contact us for expert advice and professional service.